Saturday 12 May 2012

Thinking about shape (Josie cawdry)


With the end now in sight my attention is now fully focused on creating a end piece, which will be turned into a digital outcome. After looking at the work of Shayna Leib i found myself drawn to creating cylindrical shapes, i plan to look at how i can turn cylinders into compositional art and maybe try and incorporate this with my idea of working onto glass panels.

Here are my very first attempts and using rolls in my work, i have simply laid them side by side to see what affect i get.




I like the way this last image gives the impression of trying to hide something that is underneath. This is similar  to my thoughts about rust and how they seem to hide the object underneath until it is no longer recognizable. Maybe something to think about?

No comments:

Post a Comment