Saturday 5 May 2012

TAILOR TACKING SAMPLES-AMELIA FAYE TILT

I had previously said that I wanted to combine the tailor tacking foot with my samples, to see whether I could add interesting areas of texture. I really liked what I produced by mixing some of the dyed fabrics and layering them with the stitches. I had previously discussed using layering in my samples with Rachel and these are the samples I produced:


I think the tailor tacking foot adds a really soft layer of texture to my work, I like that it looks slightly fragile, and next to the Sharpe colour strips it adds a really nice quality. However I think it would be nice if the strips were more integrated into the textiles rather than adding them after, sewing through the paper strips could be something to try.


I think the scale of the samples is also something to consider, something like the tailor tacking foot could look amazing if produced on a much more larger scale, as I need to start thinking about what I am going to propose for the new build.

 
 

I’m not sure which I prefer, the paper samples or the tailor tacking foot? I want to experiment more and get a wider range of thread colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment