Monday 14 May 2012

PAPER SAMPLES- AMELIA TILT

I have been spending alot of my time since my last tutorial on Thursday using found materials to create new paper samples. Mary had also commented on my work asking me to pay around with composition more so I have. I really want to push this idea, it’s exciting me to think what I could do with it, how I can place the designs on the wall etc. There’s something really nice about all the texture and rough edges that the colour strips have yet there on a flat surface. I think it’s safe to say I would be happy to keep producing this style of sample for a long time, sadly I don’t have long left so I have to think about what I could do if I had more time and the resources/ funds to create a really big piece for the new build. It would have been nice to experiment with a whole range of colours but I don’t want to steer away from creating designs just yet as I still haven’t made a solid proposal.
I think Kate is giving us a talk on Monday on the way they want us to propose our ideas but in the mean time I will continue to experiment with different fabric scans and composition.


I have also recreated samples using my paper strips!




I have tried to be more colour sensitive and really mimic the the colours from my earlier research.






No comments:

Post a Comment