Tuesday 8 May 2012

PROGRESSION-AMELIA FAYE TILT

I’ve been really busy over the past few days trying to finish my essay so I’ve neglected posting on this blog or my group one. But it’s done now and handed in, so I have been taking into consideration what was said in last week’s tutorial and worked on a few more samples. I really like the paper sample, I think it’s the strongest one yet and I would maybe consider printing that onto fabric. I have also utilized some of the fabric I have dyed and started to layer them up using the sewing machine, ready to scan and use within a paper sample. As I’m really keen on cresting samples and then using them to make paper studies, there’s something about the heavily textured fabrics being turned into something flat that I really like. Almost like a never ending cycle.





I have also had a go at using the layering of fabrics onto a tailor tacking sample, I think it works better and adds alot more texture....Ready to scan!

I’m yet to get back into the embroidery room, but I’m hoping to sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment