Sunday 6 May 2012

DIGITAL ARTIST- AMELIA FAYE TILT

Kahori Maki


Kahori Maki is a Japanese-born internationally-educated illustrator and artist born in 1969. She works for magazines, fashion brands and on other projects, including providing the cover art for 2009 album "Trash We'd Love by The Hiatus.
Kahori Maki works in various media including drawing, painting, video, and installation. Her projects have included work for Levi's, Comme des Garcons,Dover Street Market,Edwin, And A, Vogue Nippon, and The Hiatus. Besides her commercial work, she has had more than ten solo shows of her work since 1995.



I have also come across someone who has really looked into her work on their blog,(http://blog.kuvva.com/post/14521240754/the-studio-of-kahori-maki)
It’s interesting to see the process of a real artist, and the similarities in how I work and how they do. I really like the fact that Maki has a style, how she uses a limited variation of media and then transforms her drawings into her amazing digital pieces. Her work is very dark and mysterious, I wouldn’t say it was my cup of tea, but I can really appreciate the work that goes into producing her pieces as I have started to develop my own digital outcomes.....And I find I extremely difficult, the patience that goes into working with Photoshop is incredible and I really admire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment