Tuesday 15 May 2012

Damien Hirst (Josie Cawdry)



Whilst doing some of my Photoshop prints i realized that my work was very much in the style of Damien Hirst. Any one who knows Hirsts work well will know that, aside from preserving animals in boxes and creating strange sculptures that loom over streets, he also has a delicate eye and has created some beautiful prints over the years.



I think the Qualities of Damien's work are really fascinating
 and are something that i worked into my own prints without
even realizing. Now that i have looked at some of
his pieces i have been inspired to have a go at creating
some prints in the same style, looking at colour and form and how the two have an affect on each other.

These works really relate to my own pieces and i am really glad i came across these images at such a crucial time in the project!

Lots of ideas to mull over in the last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment