Wednesday 9 May 2012

DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS-AMELIA FAYE TILT

After weeks of avoiding Photoshop because I’m scared how complicated it is, Mary convinced me to start experimenting so I went to a digital workshop today. Mary showed us the scanning and printing facilities available at uni and how to use them. I started by using the A3 scanners in the Mac suit, then I manipulated and duplicated areas of my paper samples. Playing with composition was really interesting, because it started to make me think of how I could start to propose final ideas. It also allowed me to think about what type of textile I want to create at the end of the project. Although I found it difficult at first to get my head around, once I got going I was comfortable to produce different things.







I also scanned in sections of my work to blow up and work into using the sewing machine or even work on top of using paper.





I have created an A1 image that I am going to print to also work into, although when I went to print them I got abit carried away and printed three, setting myself up for alot of work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment