Thursday 26 April 2012

Where to Next? - Charlotte Yates

Hey everyone, sorry I missed tutorial today I don't know if Hayley told you all but I was in loads of pain with my knee, but i've got a doctors appointment for the morning so should be okay.. As you all know I have been into the screen printing workshop this week and thought I would share this post as you didnt get to see my work today so you can all see how I plan to develop my project, if any one has any other ideas they think will help me please let me know .

I plan to get back into the print room on tuesday but for the rest of this week I think it's time to start considering ideas as to what my prints could become in the new build. I've taken out some essential reads along with a few other books that attracted my interest from the library, hopefully these will spark some inspiration.

In terms of digital I have attended Mary's drop in where she briefly ran through how to put our proposals into a space. I intend to try this again on my own and learn how to do it to a high standard as I feel being confident in it will really help me when it comes down to finalising images. Being able to do it alone will not only give me much more time to play around with ideas as apposed to two hours a week when Mary's available for digital help but also benefit me in the future.

If I have any time left I still want to try using copper as an alternative material and etch or emboss one of my designs created from my inspiration in special collections onto it. Its a material that's always interested me and something completely different from what I usually do, it's out of my comfort zone but I feel I need to push myself and give myself a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment