Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hey guys,

I thought I would post this on our group blog, although it was shown to us at the beginning of the project I found it inspirational in combining materials and a good reminder when I trail off in my project work to draw me back in, and a good starting point!!

It is the girliconrete blog!

Hope you all find it useful!


http://www.tactilityfactory.com/blog/

The design used as inspiration for the velvet concrete wall was originally designed by English architect and designer, Augustus Pugin (1812-1852). TF is grateful to Watts of Westminster for allowing us to use and develop the design further to apply to our concrete/ textile technology.
The Design (or Document as it’s called) would originally have been a woven cut velvet, and possibly altered to be produced as a stamped velvet. The original stamped roller is still on display at Watts of Westminster London showroom.
Click on images to view lightbox.


Panels and ScaffoldingPanels and Scaffolding

No comments:

Post a Comment