Wednesday 25 April 2012

Initial Print Samples - Charlotte Yates


This is a post from my own blog I've edited and cut a lot for everyones sake! I just wanted to show you all what ive been doing today in the print from and get some opinions..

I wanted to try out some print samples before going in the workshop with a final image and final choice of 'aging' for the fabric. One, because I wasn't sure if my rubbings would come out the way I intended once transferred onto screen, two, because I wasn't 100% on what would work best in the way of colour and three, I still needed to finalise the way I prepared the fabric.


I think I've pretty much finalised my colour pallet and know how to solve the problems that occurred when my screen was exposed, the way I prepare the fabric is the only decision I'm struggling in narrowing down. I think i'm going to have to take on board everything that I have discovered from sampling today and apply them to the various 'styles' before ruling any out.


The sampling with all the different aspects I wasn't completely sure of yet has really helped me! I advise all of you to do some, I now have a much better idea of what I want to move forward with and develop as apposed those I can leave behind for the time being.

However, I would really appreciate any input from anyone especially on my fabric choice as to what you think, both positive and/or negative views are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment