Wednesday 4 April 2012

Studio Day- Amelia Faye Tilt

Our first session in the studio with Rachel before Easter was really difficult for me; although I’ve started to build a volume of research I’m seriously lacking drawing and exploration!!So I found it hard to get stuck in straight away. However I was really pleased with the work I produced at the end. Rachel asked us to create models of ideas for the new building, but to me it seemed way to early to be thinking about making models so I spoke to Rachel and explained that I was really interested in creating textural work for my Unit X project to she agreed it was suitable for me to make a two dimensional piece exploring this idea. I had made several colour wraps for my arrivals task so I scanned them and used the images to create interesting areas of new texture. I really enjoyed this technique and I am defiantly going to use it throughout my project.

I LOVE the colours that have started to develop when creating these samples.

I need to crack on with experimenting and testing out my ideas. Yet again I have new project blues and I’m struggling to get going. It still seems so early to be pushing my work forward, even though I k now that’s what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m going to try and start working in my sketchbook over Easter as I still haven’t got going with drawing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment