Wednesday 18 April 2012

Colour Forecasting - Charlotte Yates

I've been trying to come up with a colour way for my designs as at the moment everything is in monochrome and I thought what better place to start then having a look at up and coming colour trends for interiors 2012/2013.

After researching online on various sites I think I've got a good idea of whats to come, deep rich blues, slate grey, pure white lots of copper and bright pops of  burnt orange and lime green or 'sprout' as one site refers to it. Here's a list of the sites i found for anyone who might be interested;

http://woven-words.com/2011/12/02/brentano-color-forecast/
http://www.europaregina.eu/trends/heimtextil-colour-trends-2012-2013-11262011.htm
http://www.europaregina.eu/trends/texworld-textile-fabric-trends-spring-summer-2013-01312012.htm
http://www.trendbible.co.uk/blog/colour-trends/colour-trends-maison-objet-jan-2012/

Obviously I'm not going to base my colour way for the project solely on this years colour forecast as I think it should relate in someway to my project and, as it's a design for the new building if it was ever to be made it would hopefully be there for some time and I wouldn't want it to easily and quickly become out dated.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea, your right about colours dating as seasons change. If i decide the workshop i want to re visit is knit, i need to decide on yarn colour which won't date if presented in the new building. But i still want to incoorperate vibrancy and brightness. These websites are really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I just thought with a digital outcome you don't have to stick to one colour way.. also we could create work in white or a neutral tone and project onto it then the colour or pattern can be chaged say one a week or each term for example or as the trends do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of making something that colour could be projected onto, it might be nice to project pattern aswell? This could keep work more up to date as people would respond well to something different each week, rather than having the same thing to walk past everyday!

    ReplyDelete