Thursday 19 April 2012

Joanna Pierotti - Charlotte Yates


I've posted about Joanna and her work on my own blog but thought I would share it with you all too as I know alot of us are into distressing fabrics and materials creating certain qualities similar to aspects her work.

I come across Joanna when I was searching ways in which to distress and age fabrics, she makes many unique and quirky objects from jewellery to embellished bottles and dolls.

Although she doesn't always use fabrics as her main material like I intend too for this project she has still inspired me by the way she achieves a beautiful and subtle aged and worn look on all her pieces of work, every thing from the way in which she photographs her work to how she displays them and the colour scheme she uses all compliments each other and adds to the qualities within her work.

I aim to create a colour palette based on the tea stained materials, elegant lace and hints of copper she used combined with inspiration from the colour forecasting research I did perhaps adding some rich deep blue, I think the warm undertones in all of these would be a nice contrast from the cold interior of the new building.

Joanna's blog where I found her amazing work http://mosshill.blogs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment