Thursday 19 April 2012

Initial project ideas (JOSIE CAWDRY)

For my individual part of the project i want to look into how a space can change depending on its surrounding,  IE Markets, Alleyways, Hidden spaces etc. Here are my initial starting points;


  • manchester christmas market
  • northern quarter
  • pop up spaces
  • industrial places (how they hold hidden stories)
I will be using the following techniques to experiment with for the duration of the project. Photography, Digital prints, Lino cuts, Rubbings, Weave etc.

I am interested to look at places out of context and how its actually a surrounding that gives a place a purpose. To do this i plan to use a photomontage technique and switch images from different locations and then ask people what the image makes them feel. Hopefully this in turn will give me more ideas to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment