Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Special Collections...

I have been to the Special Collections Introduction before but I could not really remember much so this chance to hear it again was useful. The Special Collections hold a variety of resources that could be very beneficial especially for this project as they hold archives, books, sketchbooks that focus on the history of Manchester and around Manchester. If you came to the Special Collection talk, which was on Monday, then you would have seen a variety of objects, books, sketchbooks that were chosen out especially for our project Unit X. I have taken some photos of some of the pop up books and sketchbooks that I found interesting and helpful within my project. I would definitely recommend using the special collections as it gives us the opportunity to handle primary archives, books and objects that some students may never have heard or seen of. The Special Collections is located on the third floor in the library building.

No comments:

Post a Comment